Welcome to Weapons Release!
- You must be 18 or older. Or you must at least successfully pretend to be 18 or older.
- Generally, don’t be a dick. If you wouldn’t say it to someone in a restaurant or at a public event, don’t say it here.
- Use megathreads. Don’t make a single post about the bomb capabilities of the SU-27, instead create, or add to, the Russian Aviation MegaThread.
- Ask yourself if a post is informative, useful, or in the right topic. If you reply to a post, ask yourself if it’s contributing to the conversation in a meaningful way.
- No low content posts, useless posts, or posts that violate the above rule.
- No wehraboo’ism, fascism, apologism, climate denial, flat earthing, pseudo-science, vaccine denial, general idiocy or anything that is willingly and knowingly edgy or borderline. We don’t care what side of the political aisle you’re on, this isn’t the place for it. You’ll get called out, laughed at, then banned.
- We will not tolerate bigotry or racism. We’re very concerned about the use of social media to promulgate hate, and we will do everything we can to make sure it doesn’t happen here.
- Don’t post out of your ass. There are people here who know more about a topic than you, let them post, or add your question to someone else’s question.
- Do not post NSFW, disturbing images, or disturbing text. If you want to share something that might be construed as disturbing, link to it instead and provide a warning about what you’re linking. Also, don’t treat the forum like a boys’ locker room. Although this is an adult forum, it’s also a forum that people would like to be able to browse from work, or with their families in the same room, or with some reasonable assurance that they’re not going to be suddenly confronted with something gross, disturbing, or inappropriate for viewing in public.
- If you are promoting your service, website, channel, stream, game, or product - ask first. If your only contribution is a link to your YouTube channel, go elsewhere.
- Avoid memes. You are here for discourse, not to post four words of text on a photo. That said a well timed meme can work, but use caution.
- Do not disclose personal information about another poster without his or her permission. That includes using names, photographs, job histories, and so forth.
- If you are posting “In-Character” you must still follow the guidelines. Being a huge jerk because your character would do it is not acceptable.
- Self moderate. Every post has a little ellipses icon at the bottom. If you click that, it gives you additional options, including the option to “flag a post”. Please use that if you see someone violating the rules, spamming, or generally messing up the forum. Note that it is not a way to downvote a post! Don’t be afraid to use it.
- Beware OPSEC. Yes, you might be a good poster, but don’t jeopardize your job by answering an internet thread about radar or missile capability or whatever obscure opsec thing you’re good at.
Rules inspired and partially copied from Tom Chicks Quarter to Three forums. https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/please-read-forum-rules-updated-8-7-18/13660